Enter your personal details below:
Enter your account details below:
In consideration of the right to use tools from the inventory of the Minnesota Tool Library (also known as the Northeast Minneapolis Tool Library and the Saint Paul Tool Library), the workshop spaces of the Minnesota Tool Library, and to participate in activities and classes provided by the Minnesota Tool Library, I understand and agree as follows:
1. To the best of my knowledge, I am physically sound and have not been advised by my doctor to refrain from participating in the types of activities provided by the Minnesota Tool Library. I will not allow any other person to use the tools I am borrowing unless they have a current and valid User Agreement and Waiver of Liability.
2. I understand and agree that I am personally responsible for learning how to use the tools, operate in the workshop space, and participate in classes properly and safely. I agree that I am satisfied with any instructions given by the Minnesota Tool Library or its board members, officers, employees, or volunteers.
3. I understand and agree that any personal information obtained in the course of my use of any Minnesota Tool Library resources or spaces will be held strictly confidential.
4. I agree to abide by all the rules and policies of the operation and use of any equipment and space. I agree to examine tools before borrowing and I further agree to refrain from using equipment that I determine to be defective or in need of maintenance or repair. I will immediately discontinue the use of equipment should it become unsafe or in any state of disrepair. The Minnesota Tool Library and its board members, officers, employees, and volunteers shall not be responsible for any injury or damage, including consequential damage, resulting from the failure or defect of any rental equipment.
5. I understand that a risk of injury is present when using tools or being present in a workshop and I assume all responsibilities and risk of participation resulting from my membership in or use of the Minnesota Tool Library. I will not hold a volunteer, class instructor, board member, officer, or employee of the Minnesota Tool Library liable in any way should I become injured while or after I exercise any rights of my membership or through a class in the Minnesota Tool Library.
6. I understand the tools provided by the Minnesota Tool Library are often donated and maintained through volunteer repairs and maintenance. I am aware that the Minnesota Tool Library, its board members, officers, members, employees, and volunteers claim no expertise and make no representation concerning the fitness of any tool for any particular use.
7. I agree that I am responsible for tools from the time they are loaned to me until I return them to the Minnesota Tool Library, or for the period I use them in the workshop. My responsibility includes maintenance of the proper oil levels and proper fuel or fuel oil mix, if applicable. If the equipment is lost, stolen, or damaged under any circumstances while borrowed under my name, regardless of fault, I am responsible for all charges to replace or repair equipment including any labor costs.
8. I expressly consent to my likeness and voice being captured and authorize the Minnesota Tool Library to use said material for any purpose including all commercial, publicity and fundraising purposes. I waive all claims for remuneration for said use whether based on invasion of privacy or any other reason
9. Pursuant to Minn. Stat. §604.055 nothing in this agreement purports or intends to waive liability for damage, injuries, or death resulting from conduct that constitutes greater than ordinary negligence. If any portion of this agreement is held invalid, I agree that portion is severable and the remainder of the agreement shall remain in full effect.
10. IN CONSIDERATION OF THE ACCEPTANCE OF MY AGREEMENT, I THE UNDERSIGNED INTENDED TO BE LEGALLY BOUND FOR MYSELF, MY HEIRS, EXECUTORS, AND ADMINISTRATORS AND DO HEREBY RELEASE THE MINNESOTA TOOL LIBRARY AND ITS REPRESENTATIVES, SUCCESSORS, AND ASSIGNS, FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY ARISING FROM INJURIES, INCLUDING DEATH, THAT I MAY SUFFER AS A RESULT OF MY PARTICIPATION. I ATTEST AND VERIFY THAT I AM PHYSICALLY SOUND.
11. I affirm the above information is correct, true, and current and may be subject to verification. I further state that I have read and fully understand the rules and regulations of the Minnesota Tool Library and I understand that failure to comply with any of these rules may result in revocation of my borrowing privileges or legal action against me.
12. I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS AGREEMENT, RELEASE, AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, AND I KNOW ITS CONTENTS. I HAVE VOLUNTARILY SIGNED AS MY OWN FREE ACT.
Already have an account?
Forgot your password?